Terms & Conditions
- 1.1 “Oakleaf” shall mean Oakleaf Property Services Limited, or any agents or employees thereof.
- 1.2 “ Client ” shall mean the Client, any person acting on behalf of and with the authority of the Client, or any person purchasing services from Oakleaf.
- 1.3 “Products and services” shall mean:
- 1.3.1 all products and services of the general description specified on the front of this agreement and supplied by Oakleaf to the Client; and
- 1.3.2 All products and services supplied by Oakleaf to the Client; and
- 1.3.3 All inventory of the Client that is supplied by Oakleaf; and
- 1.3.4 all products and services supplied by Oakleaf and further identified in any invoice issued by Oakleaf to the Client, which invoices are deemed to be incorporated into and form part of this agreement; and
- 1.3.5 all products and services that are marked as having been supplied by Oakleaf or that are stored by the Client in a manner that enables them to be identified as having been supplied by Oakleaf; and
- 1.3.6 All of the Client’s present and after-acquired Products and services that Oakleaf has performed work on or to or in which products and services or materials supplied or financed by Oakleaf have been attached or incorporated.
- 1.3.7 The above descriptions may overlap but each is independent of and does not limit the others.
- 1.4 “Products and services” shall mean all goods and services, products, and advice provided by Oakleaf to the Client and shall include without limitation the advice and designs on repairs, maintenance, and installation, the supply of goods and materials, technical advice and design service and all charges for labour, hire charges, insurance charges, or any fee or charge associated with the supply of Products and services by Oakleaf to the Client.
- 1.5 “ Price ” shall mean the cost of the Products and services as agreed between Oakleaf and the Client and includes all disbursements e.g. charges Oakleaf pays to others on the Client's behalf subject to clause 4 of this contract.
- 2.1 Any instructions received by Oakleaf from the Client for the supply of Products and services shall constitute a binding contract and acceptance of the terms and conditions contained herein.
3. COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION
- 3.1 The Client authorises Oakleaf to collect, retain and use any information about the Client, for the purpose of assessing the Client’s credit worthiness, enforcing any rights under this contract, or marketing any Products and services provided by Oakleaf to any other party.
- 3.2 The Client authorises Oakleaf to disclose any information obtained to any person for the purposes set out in clause 3.1
- 4.1 Where no price is stated in writing or agreed to orally the Products and services shall be deemed to be sold at the current amount as such Products and services are sold by Oakleaf at the time of the contract.
- 4.2 The price may be increased by the amount of any reasonable increase in the cost of supply of the Products and services that is beyond the control of Oakleaf between the date of the contract and delivery of the Products and services.
- 5.1 Unless otherwise agreed payment for products and services shall be made in full upon completion by Oakleaf.
- 5.2 Interest may be charged on any amount owing after the due date at the rate of 2.5% per month or part month.
- 5.3 Any expenses, disbursements and legal costs incurred by Oakleaf in the enforcement of any rights contained in this contract shall be paid by the Client, including any reasonable solicitor’s fees or debt collection agency fees.
- 5.4 Receipt of a cheque or other negotiable instrument shall not constitute payment until such negotiable instrument is paid in full.
- 5.5 Deposits and progress payments may be required.
- 6.1 Where a quotation is given by Oakleaf for Products and services:
- 6.1.1 Unless otherwise agreed the quotation shall be valid for thirty (30) days from the date of issue; and
- 6.1.2 The quotation shall be exclusive of VAT unless specifically stated to the contrary;
- 6.1.3 Oakleaf reserves the right to alter the quotation because of circumstances beyond its control.
- 6.2 Where Products and services are required in addition to the quotation the Client agrees to pay for the additional cost of such Products and services.
- 6.3 The Client is responsible for their own insurance, electricity, consumables, raw materials and tools.
- 6.4 A Charge up contract is where Oakleaf supplies labour and tools for the given task (unless otherwise agreed with the Client) at an agreed upon hourly rate. The task is stated in the quotation and Oakleaf is responsible for the completion of the stated task in the manner they see fit.
- 6.5 A Quoted Contract is where Oakleaf supplies a quotation with a stated price for described work. Oakleaf is responsible for the completion of job as per the quoted description, in the manner and with the materials they see fit for the job.
- 6.6 Oakleaf may appoint sub trades as required to complete the job.
- 6.7 All quotations, estimates or other stated prices (written or verbal) are based on visual observations and information available at the time. They are based on previous work and other factors being plumb, square, flat, level and in good condition. Extra expenses to rectify or compensate for previous work and other sub terrain factors will be passed onto the Client.
- 6.8 The Client agrees to supply access to the site, power and water to complete the job. It is recommended that access to fuses be available. If access to the site, power or water isn’t available at the arranged time and for the time it takes for the work, Oakleaf may leave the site if unable to effectively complete the work. Minimum charges of 4 hours per man will be passed onto the customer.
- 6.8.1 The Client is responsible for identifying and marking underground services and boundary pegs prior to commencement of work.
- 6.8.2 Product supplied by the Client is not covered by any warranty of Oakleaf. If the Client chooses to supply their own product Oakleaf will fit it but will not cover any damages incurred as a result of Oakleaf’s work.
- 7.1 If a quote/job being conducted is considered to be within an industrial or commercial zone, any area where parking is limited, or at Oakleaf Property Service’s request, at least one car park is to be made available for the use of Oakleaf throughout the entire duration of the quote/job as close as possible to the quote/job site. If no parking is immediately available, the Client is liable for all parking costs and or consequent parking fines incurred. Receipts and/or tickets will be provided by Oakleaf to the Client as proof of expenses incurred.
8. HOURS OF WORK
- 8.1 Oakleaf business hours are between 9am and 5pm. Early starts and late finishes are to be negotiated prior to commencement of the job. If Oakleaf is requested to complete urgent repairs and maintenance after business hours a call out fee of £50.00 per hour will be charged to the Client.